Friday, June 19

Day 1..

I entered the campus to a sight of all my faculty out there on the lush green lawn in front of the college building, and doing breathing exercises with great discipline. In that moment, my biggest complain against the teachers was void. Is the discipline meant only for students? And I knew I had made a good call.

The day was a complete surprise. And it kept getting better. As I walked up to my third floor classroom, I passed a couple of notice boards. Where besides the class routines and the welcome letter for all the students was posted. There were announcements from all the clubs and societies informing everyone about their existence and looking for new members. Someone had pinned up a look-out for someone to carpool with. There was even a festive poster listing all the birthdays, for the month of June.

The class itself was good as well. AC, public address systems, overhead projector, computer for the projector. Single seated chairs with space for notebooks.

All of this..and it still was getting better. A mix of students from all the different parts of geological span of India. Kanpur, chandigarh, manipur, assam, rajasthan, delhi, kolkata..healthy ratio of guys to girls and almost half the class is having work experience.

Faculty had a diverse range as well. And all of them certainly sounded like they knew what were they talking about, with most confidence. Most of them a PhD holder, and the rest were pursing theirs, right now.

Okay, I missed out on exploring the canteen during the lunch break. Because I had just realised that the campus was fully wi-fi enabled, after someone took out a laptop in the break. And I was too busy, fussing over the lovely Sony Viao.

The best part certainly was, saved for the last. That was when I crashed in, into the library. Big spacious library, with a lovely carpeting(I realised to appreciate the carpet, because we had to remove our shoes before entering the library and as soon as I stepped on the carpet. The cool mushy carpet relieved me of all the strain of the day, in absolutely no time.)

Phew!! I hope this love affair lasts a life time..

Take care everyone *peace*

3 comments:

  1. Nothing about girls, am depressed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Drwiz: sry abt missing out on them..but they deserve separate post dedicated only to them..one for each one of them..

    ReplyDelete

Zingers of Opinion..

 
//Script for Google Analytics