Wednesday, June 24

Spiritual Entanglement..

June 23, 2009: Today while returning from college, right outside the campus. I met these two fellows. Young twenty year old lads from US of A. The hazel eyed, Christensen and Willie, with green eyes. They had been in Delhi longer than I have been here, a little over a year and the only thing which they could think of about this city was the immense heat. They couldn't be reprimanded about such an opinion of the city, after all they had been walking with the sun pounding down on them and they were from the hill stations of their nation(One from the state of Idaho, and the other from Salt Lake City). They said they were here on a journey to attain spiritual atonement with the Holy Father.

No, they were not seeking ways to achieve it. They were here to preach, preach what they believed in and believed the only true way to the Holy Father (they never referred to him as God, only thee Holy Father.) They were from the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints and they followed the book of Mormon, the last apostle who was killed somewhere in their country. But had buried the gospels before he died, which was later found in the mountains surrounding the little 18th century farming community known as the New York city. The discussions were riveting to say the least. The questions like Who am I? Why am I here? What happens when I die? were raised. They even said that pope was not the messenger form the God, he only believed that he was. The teachings of Jesus was lost when his apostles were killed, only to be found again two centuries ago by the founder of this section of church.

I started this post not to praise or criticise these young preachers or raise questions upon their belief. It was not even meant to share the experience. It's just that the answers they left me with were far fewer than the questions they raised. (They had to leave in a hurry after about an hour and half, because they were teaching free English classes and they were almost late for it.) Really, who am I? Why am I? What happens once I am done with life? Do I get resurrected, as they said or does all of it just ends there. I guess I won't learn the answers to most of these questions in my life time but if you have some opinion, tell me.

*BTW, they said if anyone wants to attend free English classes. Everyone is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zingers of Opinion..

 
//Script for Google Analytics